Telehealth Consultations: Local and Out of Town Patients
We can provide telehealth consultations via Skype and Zoom platforms. We have long offered this service to provide convenience for Melbourne based patients and to facilitate access to specialist fertility care for non-metropolitan based patients. During the COVID-19 pandemic, we have extended our telehealth offering.
Medicare benefits may apply for patients with a valid GP referral. Appointments may be scheduled without a GP referral. Appointment time allocation is equal to our face-to-face consultations. Medicare rebates may be available for eligible patients (living outside of the Melbourne Metropolitan area, and/or patients fitting Medicare COVID-19 criteria).
The best of both worlds
Patients often choose face-to-face consultations, to meet Dr Raelia Lew and her team, and to enjoy the full benefit of attending our Women’s Health Melbourne practice. However, scheduling telehealth consultations via Skype or Zoom helps patients access our highest quality care while minimising risk of COVID-19 exposure and the cost and inconvenience of long-distance travel.
Patients may elect to have a Telehealth first consultation. If you prefer this option, you may be asked to attend a pathology and/or imaging service to undertake specific examinations requested by your Women’s Health Melbourne specialist.
You may not attend our clinic face-to-face appointments
If you have ANY of these symptoms:
- Sore throat
- Shortness of breath
- Travelled internationally in the last 14 days
- Arrived in Australia after midnight 15th March 2020
- Have had contact with someone either diagnosed or suspected of having the coronavirus
Your care is important to us and we will continue to support our patients under these circumstances via Telehealth treatment.
Setting up your Telehealth Consultation:
You will need:
- To contact our rooms by phone or email to register your details and confirm your appointment time. You may be asked to complete a pre-treatment health questionnaire.
- A phone or computer and webcam linked to a reliable internet connection.
- To have downloaded skype or zoom software as directed by our staff (free to download and use)